If you’d like to contact me, you can reach me at my email address victoriaccorva(at)gmail.com. I’m usually pretty quick to respond, and I’d love to hear from you.
Some things about me:
- I’m a professional audiobook narrator! I read the Harry Potter books to my partner years ago and discovered a love of reading aloud and a little narcissism about my own voice (I’m allowed to be a little narcisstic, right?). Now people pay me to record their books!
- I trained in and adore animal behaviour and spend a lot of time studying wildlife. A particular area of wonder for me is birds; an area of comfort is pets.
- I’m autistic and this has been a big revelation for me and explained a lot about my life. I didn’t get diagnosed until I was 26 but it turns out basically everyone else already knew!
- I spent most of my life with the disclaimer ‘not actually a witch’, but nobody believed me and I guess time does tell because I’m a moon witch-in-training now and it feels a lot like home.
- If you hear me talking about my familiar, don’t panic: that’s my cat, Merlin. As far as we can tell, I’m the more demonic of the pair. He’s a very good witch’s companion.
I write about what fascinates me, but not necessarily what I love. That so much of my work focuses on necromancers makes sense but in an odd way. You see, I’m terrified of death and the dead. So … to write about the things that scare me — to humanize and sometimes humourize them — that’s where I find a deep well of creativity.
As for Dungeons & Dragons: it’s amazing to take something that has had such a profound effect on my life and turn it into fiction. Maybe others will relate to the story. Maybe it will bring others to the hobby. All I know is that I love writing about the experience.
If you want to get to know me, I’m shy on twitter but I never shut-up on Mastodon. Visit me there: I’m quite awkward but always happy for someone to say hello!