I make things, most of them strange, some of them good.
My works thus far include:
- a podcast about a teenage necromancer seeking immortality and revenge
- a young adult novel set in a small town of necromancers
- an adult contemporary fiction about a woman who starts living her life for the first time when she joins a Dungeons & Dragons group
- a text-based adventure where a necromancer has five days to build a creature and make allies before the angry mob comes for them
- short stories and microfiction full of hope, humour, and sometimes a touch of horror.
That so much of my work focuses on necromancers makes sense in an odd way. You see, I’m terrified of death and the dead. So … to write about the things that scare me — to humanize and sometimes humourize them — that’s where I find a deep well of creativity.
As for Dungeons & Dragons — it’s amazing to take something that has had such a profound effect on my life and turn it into fiction. Maybe others will relate to the story. Maybe it will bring others to the hobby. All I know is that I love writing about the experience.
Thanks for visiting.